Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 hardware module queries

goku-sun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can help me to confirm if the hardwares below can fillful the following requirements:

"1 Wan / 1 LAN / 8 E&M voice ports"

Hardware:

1. MEM3640-32U48D x 1 (IP/IP plus)

2. NM2V x 2

3. VIC-2E&M x 4

4. NM-1FE2W= 1

Does item 2 "NM-1FE2W" contain the FastEthernet port and the 2 WAN port already? Or do I have to order additional hardwares?

Many thks in advance.

2 Replies 2

mainesy
Level 1
Level 1

You need a couple of minor changes to your configuration. Are you going to run IP Plus software or just the regular IP? If you want to run IP Plus you need the following part numbers:

MEM3600-16U32FS

MEM3640-32U96D

The NM-1FE2W provides 1 Fast Ethernet port and 2 WAN slots. It doesn't actually have any WAN cards in the slots. You would need to order those as well.

You may want to (if your budget allows) look at the 3745 instead of the 3640. I believe Cisco is trying to phase away from the 3600 series router to the 3700 series. Also, instead of looking at the 3640, you may want to look at the 3661 which has 6 slots and an integrated Fast Ethernet port. May be more practical from a scalability view point. With the 3640, you have 3 of the 4 network module slots already in use which leaves only one network module for future expansion.

Cisco has a good tool available to help you with your configuration. It can be found at http://www.cisco.com/appcontent/apollo/configureHomeGuest.html

Hope this helps.

Josh

Appreciate and thanks for your valuable information and replies.

Goku