Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3640 Mica Modem + 2xE1 Problem

I have a 3640 with 3 Modules installed - a 2xE1 Card, a 30 Digital Modem Card, and a Token Ring/10M Ethernet Card. The system is working fine, terminating both ISDN and Analogue calls.

However, we wish to replace the 2xE1 module with a 2xE1+1xFE Module. When we do this, the digital modems will accept 1 call OK, but following this will transition to the B state. I Slot the 2xE1 blade straight back in and the problem does not re-occur.

We have had the 2xE1+1xFE blade replaced by Cisco, the modules have been swapped around to different slots, the IOS has been updated twice, the MICA firmware has been updated to the latest revision, and the whole dang Chassis has even been replaced!

I have a TAC case open with Cisco working through this now, but this is about the best darn problem I have seen in awhile.

Has anybody, anywhere, got any clues?

Luke Plaizier

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 3640 Mica Modem + 2xE1 Problem

Have you swapped the modules in the slots and tried. May be you can have the Mica modem module in slot 3 . Also look for any latest IOS images which have a fix for this issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies