cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 Router IOS memory leak

ddnicholls
Level 1
Level 1

Have a 3640 that works fine for the most part, but has recently crashed with what I found was an illegal memory location and also crashed again recently with low memory. It is running IOS 12.0(7)T and I'd like to upgrade to 12.2(2)T that we have running on another router of similar workload that has proved more robust. On doing a "Show flash" I found that the memory stats show 8300k with 247k free. I'm assuming this is on the low side and I will have to upgrade flash memory before upgrading the IOS, but can't tell for sure as I cannot access the memory calculator in CCO. If someone could verify or otherwise the need for an upgrade, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

3 Replies 3

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

You dont say what feature set you are running but 12.2(2)T IP Plus needs 96mb dram and 16mb flash. Enterprise plus needs 96mb dram and 32mb flash. In 12.0(7)T it needs 16 flash so I guess you are not running that.

Look at the image in the other routers if they are 3640s. You dont need a memory calculator for flash, your just need to see how big the image is.

I'm not sure what feature set, but would I be safe to assume that 8Mb is not enough?

How do I see how big the image is?

Dean

"show flash" should give you this information.

jr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: