Views
Helpful
Replies

36xx and fractional E1 problem

idhill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

we've just had a BT Megastream 1 installed and have the a-end with a 3620 with an E1 card, the bend is a 2501. Bt have provided the B-end as 1mb X21 whilst the a end is unbalanced G704 Nx16 over an E1.

At the moment the aend is serial up protocol down, b-end is serial down, protocol down, if I unplug the serial leads from the a-end the b -end goes serial up, protocol down. receonnect the cables and the b-end goes serial down. If I loopback the E1 card the b-end goes serial up and protocol loopback detected. If I loopback the b-end the a-end doesnt detect anything.

This has been driving me mad, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Ian

3 Replies 3

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

I would contact BT about this. It looks like the line is still in some loopback or test-mode.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally you need to start with lhysical layer troubleshooting using hardware loopback test on that E1 line..Here is the link which will help you.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:T1T3E1E3&viewall=true

Locate "E1 troubleshooting" part on that page which has useful links.

many thanks,

BT have admmitted its a config problem at the a-end exchange, that was after three days of them saying there was nothing wrong with their stuff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco