cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3725 Router/WIC-1DSU-T1-V2

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have (2) 3725 routers connected via 3 T1 lines each T1 goes to a seperate WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 card. So the total cards I have (6), three at each location.

What is the best way to combine (3) physical lines as a one logical line providing a total bandwidth of

4.5MB?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

you can put the 3 T1 leased lines on each router in a ppp multilink bundle. To configure this, put the following commands on each interface you want to have in the multilink bundle:

ppp multilink

multilink-group 1

This will effectively provide a 4.5MB link.

HTH,

Georg

Thanks, but won't I have to configure some logical interface to tie all three physical interfaces.

For example,

whenever we configure T1 Controllers IOS creates a Serial interface, so if I confiugre three Physical T1's then IOS will create three sperate serial interfaces, and then how to bind those three seperate physical serial interfaces

look up "PPP multilink"

ekhoo
Level 1
Level 1

There are many way to do this.. ppp multilink is good but it take a lot of CPU resources.. have a look the url below..

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/pa/much/tech/althb_wp.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: