Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Copper SFP problem

michael4702
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

3750, 24 port gigabyte swtich with 4 SFP's. It currently has one fibre FSP in it which is working fine.

WE just went to put a copper SFP in it and it would not work "Error disabled" We tried 3 different copper SFP's in all and they all created the same result.

Each FSP was brought at a different time, so its not a faulty batch.

Is this just an IOS problem or something more? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike.

8 Replies 8

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I use the modules on 3750 without any issue.

What kind of device connect to the mentioned port? And can you check the reason of err-disable with show interface "num" status err-disable. The reason can be STP...

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

At present nothing is connected to the port/sfp.

It just errors when you insert the SPF into the switch

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you clearing the err-disable from the port? If you shutdown and then no shutdown the port it will remove the error disable state. If it goes right back into err-disable, you have a design problem.

Yes we have done that, shut then no shut

Have you checked Bug Tracker for this issue?

Bug tracker?

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I certainly would check the IOS levels first for what you need for the copper gbics . The other question is , is the sfp a cisco model if not it may not work. Looks like as long as you have at least 12.1.14 running a valid cisco sfp -T should work .

tjblue
Level 1
Level 1

Just to be sure.....is the SFP you are using made by Cisco? Cisco SFP's are coded with a special EEPROM. If its not a Cisco SFP, it will go into an error dsable state like you are describing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: