Cisco Support Community
Community Member

3750 inline power controller failure

I have a 3750 48 port PoE that has 20 AP's on it. It has run for the past year without issue. Yesterday we had bad storms and I noticed all twenty APs were offline. Checked the switch and the inline power wasn't working, did a shut/no shut still nada. I reloaded that switch, show post says inline power controller Failed.

I have done everything I can to bring it back so I replaced it.

Tonight we had another bad storm and same problem...

We have had storms in the past and this has been running for over a year. any ideas??

I thought these 3750s were supposed to handle spikes and esd well... I have at least 30 other PoE switches without any problems in various closets.

any thoughts or ideas?

Re: 3750 inline power controller failure

I think it is still the hardware problem. You better prepare another switch or add an UPS or a surge protection power bar to protect the power at the moment. Be remember to prepare the UPS with sufficient power if you select this option.

Community Member

thanks however they are plugged into a 6kva APC Symmetra which is at about 15% load.

Do you mean even you have an UPS but still have the problem ?

If you still have the problem with UPS. I suspect there may be the UPS failure or somewhere the electricity / surge injeted from the UTP / AP to the sw.

CrearPor favor para crear contenido