Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

3750 ios upgrade problems

I recently had some trouble with upgrading some 3750G-24TS swithces in my network. I was upgrading from 12.1(19)EA1c to 12.2(25)SED1. I used the command:

archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://"tftp server"/"iosimage.tar"

This command executed with no errors and upon a reload 6 of the switches came up running the new software. However, 3 of the switches reached the boot point of attempting to unpack the IOS and began running very slowly. Here's an excerpt from a capture:

..done Initializing Flash.

Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 3

done.

Loading "flash:c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SED1/c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SED1.bin"...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Normally the @ symbols appear at the rate of 10-15 a second, taking about 45-60 seconds to completely load. On the 3 malfunctioning switches, the @ symbols were apearing at the rate of 1 symbol every 2-3 minutes. I performed a power cycle and interrupted the boot, then manually initalized the flash. I then checked the filesize of the .bin file and it was exactly the same size as on the other switches that reloaded successfully. I then manually booted the switch and it behaved in the same manner.

To complete the upgrade, I used XMODEM to transfer a .bin file to the flash, booted using that image, then performed the upgrade again, using the same archive command and the same .tar file as the first attempt. Upon a reload, the switch booted as normally.

Has anyone every experienced this with the 3750 line or any other switch family?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 3750 ios upgrade problems

check out the following link for information on upgrading IOS on Catalyst 3750 Switches :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cdef7.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content