Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 - IP INPUT - CPU Concerns

Hello all 2 3750G-24TS's stacked running "122-25.SED1". Currenlty i have a hub and spoke topo, were leaf switches are terminated on each of the 3750's via Gigabit copper links.

What i am seeing with this new code is worrying me. When issuing the "show proc cpu hist" and "show proc cpu sort", i see IP Input by FAR the #1 resource taker. Here is a little snip.

<-snip->

150 5868330 23541540 249 14.05% 12.57% 14.87% 0 IP Input

<-snip->

Please keep in mind that its alot more, here is the show proc cpu

<-snip->

CPU utilization for five seconds: 67%/5%; one minute: 32%; five minutes: 29%

<-snip->

Im worried that im process switching to much. No encrypted traffic going through the network.

CEF is enabled (default), and i do see the FIB built.

I have about 20 more 3750's around and the CPU proc with more nodes on them, and more traffic flowing through them, do not have nearly as high of a CPU usage (they are running older code though).

Im running the desktop SDM.

So my question is; is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there another way to see if im process switching things i should not be? Is there a command in this version of code that is not default that you need?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: 3750 - IP INPUT - CPU Concerns

hi

As you have said that you dont have any probs with 20Nos of other 3750 switches which are running different ios code ,do you have

any special feature configured in this box which is not required/supported by the ios code being run on other boxes.

If thtz not the case can you try checking out with the stable ios code which you are having with other boxes ?

Also the physical placement of the this suspected 3750 ,wheres that exactly placed in your network ?

Do refer this link inline with IP INPUT process which i feel can be quite helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a00801c2af3.shtml

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content