Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 link aggregrate

herman_chu238
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having 2x Catalyst 3750(stacked). Two Servers are connected to this catalyst. each servers has 2 NIC Giga Port. Server model is IBM x346 and use broadcom driver. we setup teaming in server side. I just want to add 2G bandwidth to server (link aggregrate). Pls explaina sample config as per this scenario.

(cisco 3750 version 12.2 )

6 Replies 6

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just assign the ports to a channel group. Example, say you have the server connected to gig 1/0/1 and gig 2/0/1. Configure "channel-group mode 1 on" under these 2 interfaces.

I try to do setting and command as below:

config t

interface range giga 1/0/1-2

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 1

channel-group 5 mode desirable non-slient

end

the Result:

In team network icon, it only show speed 1Gbps.

Have any concern? e.g. stp, VLAN. Please suggests.

Hello,

are you trying to establish the channel between your server and BOTH 3750 switches ? Can you post the output of 'show etherchannel 5 detail' ?

Regards,

GP

Hi,

This config will not work if you are connecting your Servers to 3750. You can see it using " show ether-channel " command on 3750 and it will not show you the port bundel.The reason for this is on your servers you can only run LACP not PAGP as PAGP is cisco proprietry.

The above config shows that you are using PAgP as LACP has only Active,Passive and ON modes.

So if you want Ether-channel and load-balcning using 3750, make sure that your teaming is set to use LACP on the servers and 3750 ports are also configured to use LACP to work on.

Please find the below link it will come handy :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225sec/3750scg/swethchl.htm#wp1143752

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi,

Can you let me know the command's detail? It was because I tried use LACP mode on. The result is packet through the teaming is round robin. Certainly, I cannot know which part is wrong. also, the speed is only display 1Gbps.

Thanks.

Hello,

the config for LACP would be:

interface range giga 1/0/1-2

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 1

--> channel-group 5 mode active

The round-robin is actually the way an Etherchannel works. You can change the load-balancing algorithm by using the 'port-channel load-balance' command.

Regards,

GP