Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3800 ISR questions

I am looking at the 3800 series ISR as an Internet router for a customer. Can anybody tell me what the maximum recommended/supported routing table size is (from a BGP peering standpoint)? Also, does anybody have any idea what the maximum source routing throughput is for a 3800? I know source routing is processor-intensive but I cannot find any recommended/supported throughputs. The customer has about 10Mbps of traffic between two ISPs and wants to repace a set of Powerlink boxes with a 3800. Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: 3800 ISR questions

off the top, if it's a shop with under 300 users, supporting ip phones or not, then a 3845 for example will be more than adequate. 256MB ram/64MB flash minium to assure your BGP tables can be handled but if you only have two ISPs simply for redundancy, then BGP tables will not be a problem for this device.

a mere 10Mb of ISP traffic is lightweight for this device. see the test/findings on this device by miercomm at the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5855/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd80173937.pdf

Re: 3800 ISR questions

I understand that the router is capable of much more throughput than 10Mbps of normal traffic. My question specifically related to source routing since it is much more processor-intensive than destination routing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content