cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3Com's 3cdaemon Still Available?

ArchiTech89
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked online all over, and I can't seem to find a reliable source for 3cdaemon. I downloaded one, and then when the install routine had a splash screen that was split down the middle with half on one side and half on the other, I decided not to try it.

I'm mostly looking for something to test with. I found an old link (from 2004) on this board that had a link to 3Com's ftp server, but it appears to be down at this point. I also found a link to it that pointed to a domain in the Easter Isles! I'm feeling a bit gun shy with all the phishing and spoofing and trojans, etc. so I don't really want to take a chance. But I would still like to find it!

Does anyone know where I can get a down and dirty, CLEAN (not infected), original copy of this little tool? I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

jeremyNLSO

Berlin, Germany

ArchiTech89
CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security
MCITP, MCTS
Berlin, Germany
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use TFTPd32/TFTPd64 instead.  Go here.

EDIT (18 October 2022):  Download link updated

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use TFTPd32/TFTPd64 instead.  Go here.

EDIT (18 October 2022):  Download link updated

Anybody else know where I can get the 3CDaemon? I'd like to get that one, if available... I'm just nervous to download it from somewhere that I don't know is copasetic.

Thanks,

jeremyNLSO
CCNA, MCITP
Berlin, Germany

ArchiTech89
CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security
MCITP, MCTS
Berlin, Germany

This is TFTP not FTP

The link to TFTPd32/TFTPd64 is considered a Trojan. Stay away from that one.

The download link have been updated.

brendan04
Level 1
Level 1

I believe http://www.firewall.cx has quite an extensive range of downloads.  I saw Version 2.1 of this little tool (3CDAEMON) in their download section.  They seem reputible and have a lot of other information too.

Virus scan of the download I did came back clean, but I have not actually run it yet to test fully.