cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3Com's 3cdaemon Still Available?

ArchiTech89
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked online all over, and I can't seem to find a reliable source for 3cdaemon. I downloaded one, and then when the install routine had a splash screen that was split down the middle with half on one side and half on the other, I decided not to try it.

I'm mostly looking for something to test with. I found an old link (from 2004) on this board that had a link to 3Com's ftp server, but it appears to be down at this point. I also found a link to it that pointed to a domain in the Easter Isles! I'm feeling a bit gun shy with all the phishing and spoofing and trojans, etc. so I don't really want to take a chance. But I would still like to find it!

Does anyone know where I can get a down and dirty, CLEAN (not infected), original copy of this little tool? I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

jeremyNLSO

Berlin, Germany

ArchiTech89
CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security
MCITP, MCTS
Berlin, Germany
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use TFTPd32/TFTPd64 instead.  Go here.

EDIT (18 October 2022):  Download link updated

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use TFTPd32/TFTPd64 instead.  Go here.

EDIT (18 October 2022):  Download link updated

Anybody else know where I can get the 3CDaemon? I'd like to get that one, if available... I'm just nervous to download it from somewhere that I don't know is copasetic.

Thanks,

jeremyNLSO
CCNA, MCITP
Berlin, Germany

ArchiTech89
CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security
MCITP, MCTS
Berlin, Germany

This is TFTP not FTP

The link to TFTPd32/TFTPd64 is considered a Trojan. Stay away from that one.

The download link have been updated.

brendan04
Level 1
Level 1

I believe http://www.firewall.cx has quite an extensive range of downloads.  I saw Version 2.1 of this little tool (3CDAEMON) in their download section.  They seem reputible and have a lot of other information too.

Virus scan of the download I did came back clean, but I have not actually run it yet to test fully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: