Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4506 with redundant 4200W power supplies - UPS requirements

Hi, I was hoping someone could help.

What are the load requirements for a 4506 with redundant 4200W power supplies?

Trying to get an idea on the power draw so we can spec a UPS for the system. I keep getting conflicting information.

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 4506 with redundant 4200W power supplies - UPS requirements

Hi,

The specs are found in this doc (do a Ctrl+F for 4200)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet09186a00801f3dd9.html

Are you finding Cisco documentation that is conflicting? If so, let me know which documents you are referring to.

HTH,

Bobby

Thank you for the super fast reply, the link was useful.

Specifically, I am trying to determine the "power draw" of the power supplies when they are installed.

For example, if two 4200W power supplies are installed (2x200V) the total draw should be less than 8400W since they are configured in redundant mode, but more than 4200W.

Or, if the 4200W are installed with dual 100V the power should be between 2100W and 4200W.

Not sure on the "specific" power draw so I can spec a UPS with a high enough rating. I hope this made sense?

Thanks Again!

Be careful, I ran through power draw specifications for a 4500 and the thing is with th dual 4200W power supplies is that they are redundant to a point. You have to calc the individual blade power draws that are listed for each blade in the device. If the 4500 has PoE (for VoIP phones) blades, chances are that the 4200W power supplies are no longer redundant (this is also documented on the Cisco site). Really, the best way I found was to do the seperate calcs for the blades in the chassis and add that together. For VoIP phone power draw, it was trickier to find power specs, I think I ended up using an average. You can find the power specs for all the blades in online Cisco docs. Sorry, I did this quite some time ago and do not have all the paths.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content