Hi

the 4507 contain an MSFC?

10XS

8 Replies 8

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

The 4507 supervisor engines provide integrated Layer 3 functionality so that you do not have the concept of an MSFC. Pls refer to the following datasheet for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet09186a008033a3bd.html

Paresh

PS. Pls rate all posts

Hi Paresh!

10xs for ur reply.can i run HSRP BETWEEN 6509-sup1 & 4507R?i used the command mls rp vtp-domain TEST On the 6509 ;but i can't use it on the 4507.now what the effect will be with the that command on the 4507

10xs

Hi,

You should certainly be able to run HSRP between the 6509 and the 4507R. The command mls rp vtp-domain has to do with multi-layer switching (MLS) and is not really required for HSRP. MLS simply allows the switch to perform routing shortcuts and does not have to be enabled for HSRP to work.

Paresh

PS. Pls rate all posts.

Hi Paresh!

so never mind if i used this command on the 6509;and don't used on 4507r.no problem or effect's?

10xs

Hi,

I'm pretty sure you will be okay.. just make sure that you have all the necessary 'stanbdy' commands for your HSRP configuration.

Paresh

thanks a lot Paresh!

No problems, mate. Did it work ?

Paresh

Hi Paresh,i have already the 4507 installed and configured without HSRP,Recentely i've installed an old 6509-sup1-2ge as redudancy for this 4507R.now I will wait an OFF Day to configured the HSRP On the 4507r.now we prepare the 2nd fiber shelf and the cabling for this.

ur interesting is very much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: