Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4507r redundancy sup question

I want to put a 2nd super ws-x4516-10GE into 4507R. Is there any service outage during the sync? Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: 4507r redundancy sup question

No, there should be no service outage for configurtion. But be aware of the uplinks on switches with redundant superviosrs. When you select TenGigabit Ethernet uplinks on WS-X4516-10GE and WS-X4013+10GE Supervisor Engines in RPR or SSO mode, only TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces are available. Similarly, when you select Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, only GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available. When you select to use both uplinks concurrently, TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces and GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31s/conf/rpr.htm

Please rate all posts.

Re: 4507r redundancy sup question

Thanks Roberto

So if I understood correct, the 2nd port on each sup will be auto disabled when I turn on the redundancy feature, right? If I initially have two 10G uplinks on the primary, i have to move 1/2 to 2/1 right?

Thanks

The other question I have is:

How do I verify the sync is completed via commands?

Views
Helpful
Replies