Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4507R with WS-X4604-GWY Module

I have 2 4507R's with WS-X4604-GWY modules in them with one 2MFT-T1 cards in each.

There are 4 floors using 4000 Series switches with multiple Vlans in the design.

How do you get the switching module to talk to the gateway module? Do you use the internal GBIC back plane and configure it with an IP address.

I know to create Virtual Vlans on the switch part and turn on ip routing. But how does it talk to the gateway module?

I have read the latest Config Guide for 19-EW and I would like a sample config to better help me out if possible.

Vlan 1

Vlan 4

Vlan 5

Vlan 9

Vlan 411

Floor 4

Floor 3

Floor 2

Floor 1

These are linked together with a redunant GBIC uplink

4507R-1andWS-X4604-GWY 4507R-2and_WS-X4604-GWY

7200 Series Router one interface connects to each corresponding switch.

We are also running OSPF as the routing protocol.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Brian

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 4507R with WS-X4604-GWY Module

Here is the configuration guide for the Access Gateway Module.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_13t/inst_cfg/index.htm

Re: 4507R with WS-X4604-GWY Module

It doesn't really explain how the AGM ties into the 4507R SUPIV module.

I thought that the FE Interface on the AGM was the management port and the interanl Gig 0/0 was ties to the Gig6/1 on the SUPIV module?

What I did as set the Gig6/1 to trunking and DOT1Q and made subinterfaces on the AGM for each VLAN that I have on the SUPIV. If I did not do that then I had oneway voice issue where I could hear the caller but the caller could not hear me.

Floor 4

Floor 3

Floor 2

Floor 1

4507R-SUPIV-1/WS-X4604-GWY-1 (EtherChannel to redundant 4507R)

4507R-SUPIV-2/WS-X4604-GWY-2

Each floor has a connetion to each core switch.

2691 0/0 is attached to FE5/1 on SUPIV-1

2691 0/1 is attached to FE5/1 on SUPIV-2

Each switch is redundant in that it has the same VLAN's but different address but have the same HSRP address but each one has a different prioroty for which one should handle the traffic for the corresponding VLAN.

If I configure VLAN 2, VLAN 3, VLAN 4, VLAN 5, and VLAN 411 on each switch how would the AGM module know how to get to the VLANS on the switch unless you pointed the default route to a VLAN that you put address on FE0/0 on the other side.

I have read the URL that you gave me before but I would like to see a config to better understand how its communicating in my situation.

I also want to use spanning-tree priority to control which GBIC uplink interface on the floors can pass certain VLANs but have it go out the other way if the link is down.

And yes I have read all about spanning tree.

If you can help out on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content