Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4700 Router + HSSI Card

This is a 2 part question, and I am sure very simple. 1) Does the 4700 router support the hssi card. I have the router and hssi card. But no indication that the card works. IE does not show as an interface, and no light light when powered on.

Question 2). I am going to be sharing rack space with a provider that has an OC-12. They are going to be giving me a 3Mbps busrtable DS3 connection. I was going to use the above equipment to make this connection, but was unsure of what additional equipment I would need. I am assuming I would need a csu/dsu to go from router - hssi -- csu/dsu -- provider. But not sure what csu/dsu would be a good choice.

Any help on the above topics is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: 4700 Router + HSSI Card

Look at Larscom and Adtran, they both make DS3 to HSSI CSU/DSU's.

Both about $4K I think, but maybe available on ebay. Life would be easier for you if you could get your provider to give you a rate limited Ethernet...

Thanks! Do yo happen to know if the 4700 router supports the HSSI cards, and if so, what IOS would I need?

Yes it does. 11.3 on, try IP Plus.

If you have a decent amount of RAM go for 12.0

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.