Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

48 port 10/100 Tx ports with 100 Base-FX Uplink

Hello ,

I'm looking for a Switch with 48 Ports 10/100 Tx ports with 100 Base-FX uplink (MTRJ ). If it's available , what is the model Number?.

Thanks

Raju

2 REPLIES

Re: 48 port 10/100 Tx ports with 100 Base-FX Uplink

Hello Raju,

The most recent models (295x, 3550) have nothing but Gigabit uplinks. This is quite logical when you look at the fact that you will be serving 48 ports through one. This would be a certain cause for bad performance with identical speeds, hence there is no such switch on the market.

The most cost effective solution for your situation would be to buy a 48port 10/100 switch and use a media converter to create the uplink.

Regards,

Leo

Re: 48 port 10/100 Tx ports with 100 Base-FX Uplink

Hello Leo,

Thanks .I have cat 4506 with MTRJ ports at Distribution layer . I'm trying to avoid media converters as it does data conversion between media's which is not a good solution (packet loss or collisions in media converters are common ) and morever media converters requires power adaptors. For some reason any problem with adaptor like loose connection or faulty power adaptor may cause Network down.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content