cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

500-cs

tpkoons
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble establishing a terminal connection to a 516-cs. I have a RJ45 into J1 to a DB9 adapter on my laptop(using same setup I can console into a regular router using the roll over cable) I get nothing. I reviewed the documentation again and they suggest part numbers that don't match what I have as far as serial adapters go. My question is this. Can I use the serial adapters that come with modern cisco gear and use it on this piece of equipment?

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

I have used a dumb terminal, but not a laptop. You can try to use it with a DB-25 to DB-9 converter or with the adapters that come with recent devices.

I'm using a pc with a db9 and the cisco db9 and cable. Seems like I remember having problems until I used the reset (whatever its called) button, in the exact way the doc specified. (I tried it without reading the doc first). Also, it takes a loooong time to boot. Make sure you wait long enough.

Hello,

can you give me a rough idea how long I have to wait? I tried everything and just don't seem to get it working...

Regards,

Dirk.