Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

500-cs

I am having trouble establishing a terminal connection to a 516-cs. I have a RJ45 into J1 to a DB9 adapter on my laptop(using same setup I can console into a regular router using the roll over cable) I get nothing. I reviewed the documentation again and they suggest part numbers that don't match what I have as far as serial adapters go. My question is this. Can I use the serial adapters that come with modern cisco gear and use it on this piece of equipment?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 500-cs

I have used a dumb terminal, but not a laptop. You can try to use it with a DB-25 to DB-9 converter or with the adapters that come with recent devices.

Bronze

I'm using a pc with a db9 and the cisco db9 and cable. Seems like I remember having problems until I used the reset (whatever its called) button, in the exact way the doc specified. (I tried it without reading the doc first). Also, it takes a loooong time to boot. Make sure you wait long enough.

Hello,

can you give me a rough idea how long I have to wait? I tried everything and just don't seem to get it working...

Regards,

Dirk.

Views
Helpful
Replies