Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

5300 dial out?

Can you dial into a remote router(2600) from the 5300AS? ie Home# XXXX ##########. If so what's the command systax? Thanks if you can help.

5 REPLIES

Re: 5300 dial out?

How do you want to dial it? If you want you can reverse telnet to a modem and dial from there but I don't know what that would buy you other then remote management. Do you have isdn or cas t1s? If you configure "rotary 1" under your line x y config then you can telnet to your ip address then 7001 and you will get the next free modem. Then from there you can do "atdtxxxxyyyy" or whatever.

Josh

What I want to so is be able to dial into the remote router to have access to the router should the router not be accessable through the frac T1 or isdn(config or other failure) I can dial into the router to restore the config from the TFTP server. I thought reverse telnet may be the answer also but it doesn't hurt to field the question here it seems there's alot of people out there like yourself with some good advice-thank you.

Right on. Since your 5300 is probably setup right I wouldn't worry much about it, just so long as "trans in telnet" is configured under your lines...to allow you to do the reverse telnet.

Then all you need to worry about is the 2600 being setup right to be dialed into. If you have problems with that let us know.

Josh

Hi,

There is a command " test isdn connect .....". You can use it manually dial out to a location.

Regards

Thanks for taking the time to help someone else-I will try that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content