cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5500 - 2924XL VLAN Trunking errors

atoner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 5500 running CatOS 4.4 connecting to 2924 switches running IOS 11.2 using 100FX modules and configured for VLAN trunking.

Everything is functioning as expected except that I notice giants on the 2924 100FX interfaces and flashing amber LED on the interface.

Cisco say that this could be due to ISL configuration issues, what should I be looking for / how should this be configured?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

daniel.bowen
Level 1
Level 1

Try switching the trunking mode from on to nonegotiate. 2900 series switches do not understand DTP packets that are sent by 5500's by default when using the default mode of on. If you switch to nonegotiate on your 5500, the DTP packets will not be sent.

Do you also notice CRC errors on the 2900XL?

Daniel,

daniel.bowen
Level 1
Level 1

Try switching the trunking mode from on to nonegotiate. 2900 series switches do not understand DTP packets that are sent by 5500's by default when using the default mode of on. If you switch to nonegotiate on your 5500, the DTP packets will not be sent.

Do you also notice CRC errors on the 2900XL?

Daniel,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: