Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

5508 web authentication

I am trying to setup 802.1x authentication in my network. I have a 5508 WLC and am using Microsoft NPS as my Radius server. I would like to be able to use a splash page after a PEAP authentication to show our Acceptable Use Policy, but I can't get it to work. I am now trying to get layer 3 web authentication to work, but I can't get my certificate to install on the controller. I have compiled my unchained certificate according to cisco.com's procedure, but installation fails every time. Any help would be great.

2 REPLIES

Hi, Please refer below link

Hi,

Please refer below link to install certificate on controller :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/70584-csr-wlc-00.html

Vinodjad, I followed the

Vinodjad,

I followed the tutorial that you posted and just as before I am running into the same problem. I thought that it might have something to do with openssl and the common name configuration at the beginning of the tutorial, but I believe I have followed those steps correctly. I suppose it could have something to do with Microsoft CA. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

(Cisco Controller) >debug pm pki enable

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download start

Mode............................................. TFTP  

Data Type........................................ Site Cert     

TFTP Server IP................................... omitted

TFTP Packet Timeout.............................. 6

TFTP Max Retries................................. 10

TFTP Path........................................ /

TFTP Filename.................................... wlc-final3.pem

This may take some time.

Are you sure you want to start? (y/N) y

TFTP Webauth cert transfer starting.

TFTP receive complete... Installing Certificate.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:07:11.971: sshpmCheckWebauthCert: Verification return code: 0

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:07:11.971: Verification result text: unable to get local issuer certificate

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:07:11.971: Error at 0 depth: unable to get local issuer certificate

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:07:11.977: sshpmAddWebauthCert: Error decoding certificate, Deleting it.

Error installing certificate.

(Cisco Controller) >debug pm pki disable   

(Cisco Controller) >debug transfer all enable

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download start  

Mode............................................. TFTP  

Data Type........................................ Site Cert     

TFTP Server IP................................... omitted

TFTP Packet Timeout.............................. 6

TFTP Max Retries................................. 10

TFTP Path........................................ /

TFTP Filename.................................... wlc-final3.pem

This may take some time.

Are you sure you want to start? (y/N) y

*sshpmLscTask: Apr 24 14:07:50.361: sshpmLscTask: LSC Task received a message 4 

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:31.723: Memory overcommit policy changed from 0 to 1

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:31.723: RESULT_STRING: TFTP Webauth cert transfer starting.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:31.723: RESULT_CODE:1

TFTP Webauth cert transfer starting.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.725: Locking tftp semaphore, pHost=omitted pFilename=/wlc-final3.pem

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.809: Semaphore locked, now unlocking, pHost=omitted pFilename=/wlc-final3.pem

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.809: Semaphore successfully unlocked, pHost=omitted pFilename=/wlc-final3.pem

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.837: TFTP: Binding to remote=omitted

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.845: TFP End: 3032 bytes transferred (0 retransmitted packets)

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.845: tftp rc=0, pHost=omitted pFilename=/wlc-final3.pem

pLocalFilename=cert.p12

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.845: RESULT_STRING: TFTP receive complete... Installing Certificate.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:35.845: RESULT_CODE:13

TFTP receive complete... Installing Certificate.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:39.849: Adding cert (3008 bytes) with certificate key password.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:39.869: RESULT_STRING: Error installing certificate.

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:39.869: RESULT_CODE:12

*TransferTask: Apr 24 14:08:39.869: Memory overcommit policy restored from 1 to 0

Error installing certificate.

(Cisco Controller) >

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content