Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6260 DSLAM: PPP Line Protocol Goes Up and Down on Sixth (?) Subs

Hi Fellow NetPros,

I have a Cisco 6260 DSLAM which is configured in a way that PPP sessions are being terminated on it. It has five existing subscriber CPE's connected which are all functioning well. Now, I wonder why I am currently having problems terminating a sixth subscriber. The administrative and operational status are "up" when issuing a "show dsl stats" command; however, the onscreen logs (after executing a "term mon" command) displays "line protocol up" and then "down" continuously; hence, pinging the interface IP of the remote DSL CPE times out.

I wonder if anyone could spare some time to explain what could cause and solve a problem like this. I have tried using different ATM ports and different PVCs, and even changed CPEs, but I got same results. We're using a third party CPE brand from ComTrend and we're doing the test just in our Labs. Below is a portion of the running config. If you need further info, please let me know.

interface ATM1/1

no ip address

dsl profile Business_Junior

no atm ilmi-keepalive

pvc 1/33

broadcast

encapsulation aal5snap

protocol ppp Virtual-Template1

!

!

interface Virtual-Template1

ip address 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.224

peer default ip address pool B60_POOL

ppp authentication pap

!

ip local pool B60_POOL 172.16.0.2 172.16.0.30

Kind Regards,

RICO

1 REPLY

Re: 6260 DSLAM: PPP Line Protocol Goes Up and Down on Sixth (?)

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies