Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6500-config propgation

Hi,

I needed to configure a gig port on a 6516A 16 port gig blade for egress strict priority queuing yesterday. The switch is a 6509-E with a sup 720 running IOS ver 12.2(17d)SXB8

When I configured the port with the 'priority-queue out' interface command, the switch applied the command then brought up a message saying something like (dont have the exact wording, sorry) 'propogating configuration to ports.....' then gave a list of ports on the box.

It applied the same priority-queue out command to a selection of ports on the blade.

I then issued a 'no' version of the same command and it removed the command from all the ports it had just applied it to, with the same message.

Can anyone explaint this ? I have never seen this behaviour in a cat6500 before.

If its normall, how can I apply the config to individual ports only ?

Many Thanks

Shaun

2 REPLIES

Re: 6500-config propgation

priority-queue out is not a supported command on this platform. I suppose you are trying to do this to ensure that certain packets go to the highest priority queue to give highest quality of service. Therefore, I am including a link on QoS on PFC:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/qos.htm#wp1750910

Go through the section titled "Prioritizing Traffic on Interswitch Links".

Please rate helpful posts.

Re: 6500-config propgation

Thanks for that Bosalaza, Thats correct, its for prioritising voice across a dot1q trunk.

That link is very usefull and all looks as I would expect, I suppose my question now is ..

On 6500's, when you enable Qos globaly and on those blades which support strict priority queuing, is queue 4 automatically defined as the Strict Priority Egress queue (i.e. no config required) as opposed to something like a 3750, where all queues are standard WRR queues until you enable the SPQ with the 'Priority-queue out' interface command, at which point queue 1 (on a 3750) becomes the SPQ ?

Thanks For the help.

Cheers

Shaun

Views
Helpful
Replies