cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 High Availability

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

We are planning to upgrade a 6500 with 2 x Sup1A-2GE-MSFC cards in it to integrated IOS to take advantage of HA.

I have a few questions:

1) In HA, do the gig ports on both cards pass data (I know they are active, but not sure about traffic flow)?

2) Are the configs completely sync'd. (i.e no initial config whatsoever required on the redundant suppy)?

3) When migrating from CatOS. Does each suppy require individual upgrade for the initial change to IOS?

4) If we had 2 chassis connected, and a Suppy failed in one of them, would data be passed between the now active suppy even though its connected to the redundant Suppy on the second chassis?

Many thanks for any response.

Mark.

1 Reply 1

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark

Answers to your questions..

1)Yes..But look at CSCdw90957

2)Yes..Look at the following URL for config guidelines

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/supcfg.htm#xtocid47

3)Yes, you'll need to convert each Supervisor separately

4)I do not fully understand this question

Also beginning 12.1(11)EX, an enhanced form of redundancy called RPR will be supported which has improved switchover time. 12.1(11)EX is expected mid June

Regards,

-Prashanth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: