Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6500 no link light

I have a 6513. I cannot get the link light to light up on a specific device. In port 5 I have a cisco acs server that is connected to vlan 999 and works fine. In that same port if I connect a raritan console server I cannot get link. As soon as I connect the acs server it lights. I would think it's a config problem on the raritan except for the fact that it works fine when connected to a 3550 or 3548 cisco switch. It's only when connected to a 6500 series switch that the link will not come on. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 6500 no link light

Did you get both the speeds and duplexes matched ? or at least keep everything in auto...

( on the other hand, if you are trying to connect your cosole, you can connect to the console port on the switch, not sure if I got your question correctly )

If you enable the port with "Spantree Portfast" and incase the server you are trying to connect is somehow generation STP packets, then switch will automatically shutdown the port(errdisable feature). Look for any such console messages while connecting that server.

Thx

Mehboob

The problem was resolved. It happened to be aproblem with the NIC on the device that did not like the "inline power" on the 6513 switch port. Turning off the inline power feature on that port fixed the problem. Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content