Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6500 SLB Problems

I have a 6509 running native IOS v12.1.19E and have SLB set up load balancing two servers. The problem is when I test this (see config below) by telnetting to the virtual address, I always get connected to the same server, I've had 10 telnet sessions going and all go to the same server. Some troubleshooting I've done: taking the server I always connect to out of service and I will connect to the second server, put the server back in service and I keep connecting to the second server over and over. I've also tried the round robin algorthm with the same result. Any ideas???

ip slb serverfarm CONVERGENCE_2

nat server

predictor leastconns

!

real 10.2.10.10

inservice

!

real 10.2.10.11

inservice

ip slb vserver CONVERGENCE_2

virtual 10.3.12.2 tcp 0

serverfarm CONVERGENCE_2

sticky 300

inservice

2 REPLIES

Re: 6500 SLB Problems

How much time is passing between your telnet attempts to that virtual? Is the 'sticky 300' parameter affecting your test? Are you trying to connect from a few different hosts?

Re: 6500 SLB Problems

I just took off the sticky 300 parm and opened 3 telnet sessions from my PC and all went to the 10.2.10.10 server, then tried telnetting from another host while my three were still active and that session started with the same server. I also changed the "virtual 10.3.12.2 tcp 0" to "virtual 10.3.12.2 tcp 23" to see if the "any" TCP was messing with this.

Views
Helpful
Replies