cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 SUP720 Modular IOS? Suceess?

emilyharris
Level 1
Level 1

We are about two weeks away from upgrading a 6509 - replacing a SUP1A with a SUP720-3B. I'm faced with the choice between classic IOS and the new modular IOS flavor.

I'm wondering if anyone has deployed the modular IOS in a production environment. Have the results been positive? Does anyone think modular IOS is truly ready for production deployment?

Any thoughts/experienc would be appreciated.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Friend,

I would recommend to go for IOS modularity as it has the process patching feature. You dont have to go for complete IOS software upgrade in case of a single process failure.

I know some of the customers who have deployed the IOS modularity and has been going good so far.

Please check the link for more info on 6500 modularity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_promotion0900aecd80312844.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Thanks for the input. I'd still like to hear from anyone on this board who has actually implemented it - anyone out there tried it with success?

Thanks,

EMILY

mccourgf
Level 1
Level 1

We have been upgrading over the past few months here in ny from sup1a to sup720. so far 4 core routers have been done and 2 distribution routers. preping for Qos soon. no more set commands or session 15 Yeah.

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

We have the modular code running on our production 6513 for the past two weeks with no issues. Our network has about 14k users on at any given time, so I would say this new code is ready for deployment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: