Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6500 Supervisor not working with 802.1Q trunk to 3548

When setting up a trunk between a GBIC on the supervisor of a 6509 and a GBIC in a 3548XL switch we had a problem when the trunk was set to 802.1Q

After changing to ISL all went well.

Is this a known bug or is there something we are expecting to work but does not?

We have, on another location, other 3548's connected to another 6509 but then to a 16 port GBIC card, here all the trunks are working fine with 802.1Q

Regards, Maarten Sjouw

FedEx

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 6500 Supervisor not working with 802.1Q trunk to 3548

No known issues I can think of. Do you remember what configuration you used? Can you try again and let us know

Well let me put this way, when I get near the switches again someone will be ready with a shotgun for we had an outage of multiple hours because of this issue in a building with VP's and MD's so you can imagen that I'm not really keen on doing it again.

Someone told me he had seen the same problem between a 6509 and 3Com switches and had a microcode upgrade to solve it

Regards, Maarten.

One additional piece of info cam to mind that might give you a clou to what was up. On the 6509 there was no VLAN 1 defined.

Regards, Maarten.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content