cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 Upgrade Rommon procedure

spbench
Level 1
Level 1

Experienced a problem with a 6509 chassis that the recommendation was to upgrade the rommon level on the sup720s which have msfc3 and native IOS. I have a procedure that shows an upgrade of an individual supervisor and a procedure for upgrading an MSCF3 on a sup720. Both procedures show different code families. I will attach a "sh version" output. Are there a combination of codes that need to be deployed together? For example: a rommmon code for the supervisor, one for the MSFC3, and one for the DFC3. We also deploy redundant supervisors in the switch. Can someone recommend the proper software to upgrade with and the proper procedure for upgrading redundant supervisors? Can you do the upgrade on one supervisor and have it automatically synchronize the redundant supervisor, or do you upgrade each supervisor separately, one at a time?

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think you have upgrade each supervisor separately. But afgter upgradation, the new configuration changes made in Active Sup can be synchronised with Redundant sup using RPR or RPR+.