cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 and power failure

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

We have our 6509 on upc power back up but everytime we have power outage my 6509 has stops responding for at least a min and we get down pages for the vlans configured on MSFC. Has anyone seen this. I'm running cat6000-supk9.8-1-3.bin on SUP and c6msfc-jsv-mz.121-22.E2.bin on MSFC.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

i was understood that your 6509power supply has connected in the UPS, when ever the main power goes down, you 6509 stops responding for a minute, isn't? can you just paste the "show logging buffer" output & also "show environment all", with that we can come to the what the problem exactely.

Thank you for your response. Attached is the requested info.

can you tell me the the model of the power supply in cisco 6509? are you using 1000W or 1300W or 2500W? also tell me how long this behaviour is happening on the switch, did you recently add any new module to the switch?

also tell me the input volt, is it 110V or 220V?

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a switch somewhere in between the monitoring system and 6509 that might be affected by the power outage and thus breaks the reachability to the 6509 from the monitoring system?

Please rate all helpful posts.

Brad

No, 6509 is one of our remote site in westcoast and monitoring system resides in our datacenter in Michigan. 6509 connected via Flexwan module at the datacenter and then we have another router and a switch which then connects to monitoring system. NOt only the monitoring system send pages but all servers went down and we lost all connectivity to this site for more than a min.

Model of my power supply is WS-CAC-1300W, there have not been any changes made in recent past.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: