Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 Clock Failure error message

phawker56
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 6509

WS-C6509-E Software, Version NmpSW: 8.4(5)

The continuously occurring error that is displayed is as follows

2006 Mar 30 16:17:46 GMT +00:00 %SYS-5-REDUNDANTCLOCK_FAIL: Redundant clock failed

2006 Mar 30 16:17:46 GMT +00:00 %SYS-5-REDUNDANTCLOCK_OK: Redundant clock recovered

2006 Mar 30 16:17:46 GMT +00:00 %SYS-5-REDUNDANTCLOCK_FAIL: Redundant clock failed

2006 Mar 30 16:17:49 GMT +00:00 %SYS-5-REDUNDANTCLOCK_OK: Redundant clock recovered

2006 Mar 30 16:17:50 GMT +00:00 %SYS-5-REDUNDANTCLOCK_FAIL: Redundant clock failed

I have run the show environment command

Which states all clocks as '.' or pass

I have not yet rebooted the chassis but I do wonder if it's a bug or the clock needs replacing. Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In my experience, the only resolution to this is to replace the clocks. There is no bug that creates false alarms for the clock modules, so this is a failing module. Since it is the redundant module, it is not service affecting.

I'd recommend opening a TAC SR to get the clock module RMA'd

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In my experience, the only resolution to this is to replace the clocks. There is no bug that creates false alarms for the clock modules, so this is a failing module. Since it is the redundant module, it is not service affecting.

I'd recommend opening a TAC SR to get the clock module RMA'd

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: