Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

6509 Coil Pb Tx Error

I am receiving the following errors on a 48 port 10/100 on 4 differant 6509 switch.

2001 Nov 12 06:24:23 LOCAL +03:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 6: Coil Pb Rx Underf

low Error - Port #15:

2001 Nov 12 06:24:23 LOCAL +03:00 %SYS-0-SYS_LCPERR0:Module 6: Coil Pb Rx Parity

Error - Port #15:

I have updated to 5.5.10 to one switch, the coil erroe stopped but I am unable to get activate. Will somebody explain what might be going on or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: 6509 Coil Pb Tx Error

Are you saying the ports are errdisabled or the module is in "other" state. If only some ports are errdisabled, you can disable the port and re-enable the port and it should bring it up.

If the whole module is in other state and would not come up then it is probably a bad module.

if all the ports in the module are err-disabled, then try the disable/enable on the ports.

If that doesn't work, then it is probably a bad module.

if you still have questions, you can open a TAC case

Community Member

The module is other state. The problem is now occurring on mod 2 & 3 of the same switch. We swapped cards and problem still persist.

Community Member

umm... that is strange. it is not possible then that all modules are bad. It could be the supervisor.

This is what you can do

Make sure you powerdown the system and take all the cards out and start with the supervisor only and then add one by one all the modules.

you can also setup the supervisor to do full system diagnostics

set test diaglevel complete

before resetting the system.

You can open a TAC case to be able to get additional troubleshooting info.

Hi,

Theres another thread on this as well, the subject of that is 'Coil Pb Rx Underf Errors on a 6509'.

In that discussion, this error might be a hardware problem (bad ASIC, etc) and the guys in other discussion recommend contacting the TAC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content