Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6509 Combined bandwidth

I have created ehterchannel between 3750 & 6509(catOS), itz workz fine, now in 3750 if i type "show interface port-channel1" it shows me the combined of 2000000Kbit, which means i have connected 2 cables to 6509 for etherchannel, how same way i wanted to check in 6509, how do i do that? if i type show port channel, it display the ports connected for etherchannel & doesn't show the combined bandwidth.

2 REPLIES

Re: 6509 Combined bandwidth

Hi Anand,

I am not sure if you can see the combined bandwidth in CATOS but what you can do is shoot a command

show port channel info

It will show you the ports who are in that channel and if they are up in the channel the status will be connected and you will see the speed also per port in that output so you can add the speed and get the total.

Something like this

Console> show channel group 154 info

Admin Port Status Channel Ch Speed Duplex Vlan PortSecurity/

group mode id Dynamic Port

----- ----- ---------- --------- ----- ----- ------ ---- -------------

154 1/1 notconnect on 769 1000 full 1 - Dynamic port

154 1/2 connected on 769 1000 full 1 - Dynamic port

It says 1/1 is not connect so the combined throughput will be only 1000 as one port is down but if both are connected then the total throughput will be 2000

HTH

Ankur

Re: 6509 Combined bandwidth

thanks for the response, i agree in what you say, even i tried option also before posting, but that doesn't satisfy my requirement, any how thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content