Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 logging

Hi all,

We have a LAN with two 6509 and many 3750 and 2950 in our network. We enabled the "logging debugging" on all of them.

My problem is that on the 6509's I don't see any of the LINEPROTO up/down or LINK UP/DOWN for my giga and ethernet modules. Do I need to enable logging on these specific modules ? 3750's and 2950's are just fine...

Thanks for you input....

Dominic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

You need to enable the link-status event under each interface. By default these are disable or not enabled because on Native you're interfaces as maybe as mush as 576 interface, imagine if each and every single one of them is connected and you are just bringing up the switch. Your switch will have to log all the interfaces events. So, it was left disabled and was left for the customer to decide whether they want to enaable it not. If you want the interface's uo/down status logged or show up on the screen do the following under each interface you want it enabled:

logging event link-status

Please rate all posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

You need to enable the link-status event under each interface. By default these are disable or not enabled because on Native you're interfaces as maybe as mush as 576 interface, imagine if each and every single one of them is connected and you are just bringing up the switch. Your switch will have to log all the interfaces events. So, it was left disabled and was left for the customer to decide whether they want to enaable it not. If you want the interface's uo/down status logged or show up on the screen do the following under each interface you want it enabled:

logging event link-status

Please rate all posts.

Thanks Bosalaza for the answer.

Dominic