Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6509 Supervisor 1A-Msfc2

Dear Pros,

First I thank you all for your contineous technical support.

I have been replacing recently to one of our customer standby sup-1A-Msfc2. It was working till lastday. But to day I got the call from the customer stating that the module again not working and shows the unknown state. What I learnt from the client is that they brought down the power for the switch and then again mae it up sincethen the problem arised. Could you help me to troubleshoot the problem.Clent think that there could be some short of software issues to resolve.

Please waiting your reply

thanks

swamy

5 REPLIES

Re: 6509 Supervisor 1A-Msfc2

Hi Swamy,

A logs stating the last error messages would be helpful to understand the type of error. Also, any specefic reason for power reboots or a MW?

Rgds\Satya

Dear Satya,

Thank yor for your response.

This superviosr mdule has been installed last month. Do you think of any IOS software bug?

swamy

Cisco Employee

Hey Swamy,

Your standby sup is in unknown state after reload so somehow I believe that there may be a problem in boot path which you may have set when you replaced it but may be when there was a power load it did not found a image to boot with and went to rommon and is the reason it is showing in unknown state.

If you have a spare chassis can you insert that standby sup and check if it boot fine. Also is it booting from image in bootflash or flash card?

Regards,

Ankur

Dear Ankbhasi,

Thank you for your response.

I just left the client place after the unsuccessful attempt. The problem is that when the chassis is powered off then on the standby sup is not comomg up.

Also I do not have any access to the switch. I can only see the show commands only.

They the clien has all the security applied.

I do not know how to pass your tips to the client since the tech support operting from london to control the switch on bahrain.

Also we do not have any spare chassis to check it up.

When is the actual process when inserting the standby sup to slot 2.

thanks

swamy

Dear Satya,

Please find below the hints after the troubleshoot.

The standby superviosr WS-X6k-sub1A-2GE is not detected after the power recycle the switch.Even when we used as primary it is not being detected.

It is keep on loading that we can see in load LED. status is i amber color system in green

Active nil,PWR-mgmt in red.

Please update me asap .I need to solve it tomorrow at any cost.

swamy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content