cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 Upgrade

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded the Memory & CatOS on my 6509 Core Switch. The switch has dual sup1a engines w/ MSFC2 installed. I upgraded to 128 Megs of Memory and to CatOS 7.6.9 from 6.4.21. I now notice a difference when doing a show ver where it doesn't tell me how much memory is available on the standby sup engine only the active sup engine. Is this normal? I seem to recall when I first upgraded the Sup Engine it listed both engines and their memory specs. Also when doing a show version I get the Model of the Sup Engine listed twice. Is this normal as well? Here is the show version & sh module. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the output of the show mod and show version you've provided is correct. showing the supervisors both twice as you see is normal.

the version you have 7.6.9 displays only the module 1 memory statistics. this is normal.

as far as the OS is concerned, only 128mb exists and can be used. (each sup has its own 128mb for operation. the standby sup does not reflect its memory statistics in the show version of 7.6.9)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the output of the show mod and show version you've provided is correct. showing the supervisors both twice as you see is normal.

the version you have 7.6.9 displays only the module 1 memory statistics. this is normal.

as far as the OS is concerned, only 128mb exists and can be used. (each sup has its own 128mb for operation. the standby sup does not reflect its memory statistics in the show version of 7.6.9)

Thanks for the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: