Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7120-4T1 router

My 7120 router suddenly is not working. I can't even console to it. I was able to console first time, and the error message appeared, "CAN'T CONNECT CABLE/CONNECTOR FE0/0", it appeared three times and went to start decompressing self image, and then the same message appeared again, and it hung. Nothing happened for 5 minutes so I decided to reboot again, and now I can't even Console. Nothing comes up when I console to it. I tried recreating new HyperTerminal Sessions, changed my speed settings, and even tried hit control-C few times by powering down and up to to see if it even can go to rommode. No luck.

It's so frustrating to not get into a console since it is the first layer of troubleshooting.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 7120-4T1 router

The hyperterminal session on the 7100 should be set to 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 2 stop bits, and no flow control. Most likely, you have it set up as 1 stop bit. (the 7100 is one of the only routers that requires 2 stop bits... which causes alot of problems when people try to console in).

Take a look at the following url (under Connecting to the Console Port):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/7100/hwicg/instlegr.htm#1036113

Re: 7120-4T1 router

I tried the above settings, but still no luck.

Is there any other suggestions, you could recommend?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content