cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

720 dialup error

lofsfaith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that has windows 98, and getting the following message "error 720, dialup networking could not negotaite a compatiable set of network protocols, u specify in the server type settings. check network configuration in control panel". Now I checked every thing that is associated with the protocols and they are set correctly. However the user does have a cable modem, and I've found that with cable modem there are problems sometime. Any help on this. Also, do you have any thing about the AS5300 working with cable modems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Error 720 is the microsoft's error code. So to troubleshoot towards the issue we need to see the debugs from AS5300 wen the cable modem dials in to 5300.

Cable modem with telco return will work with the AS53500. So for the telco return, the cable modem will dialin the AS5300 and run PPP.

So if that part is not working, we need to troubleshoot on AS5300 to see the following debugs

debug modem csm

debug modem

debug ppp negotiation

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Error 720 is the microsoft's error code. So to troubleshoot towards the issue we need to see the debugs from AS5300 wen the cable modem dials in to 5300.

Cable modem with telco return will work with the AS53500. So for the telco return, the cable modem will dialin the AS5300 and run PPP.

So if that part is not working, we need to troubleshoot on AS5300 to see the following debugs

debug modem csm

debug modem

debug ppp negotiation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: