Views
Helpful
Replies

7206 and 5800 IOS Upgradation

ynverma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends

I am in problem and hope you will help me out ....

Recently I have upgraded IOS for 7206VXR and AS5800 to 12.2(7b). What I have observed that after IOS upgradation my few of the subscriber are not able to get connected. After dialing the number they get MODEM BUSY tone. While others are able to get connected.

The subscribers who are unable to do so comes under E-10B exchange. And at Exchange side when I reset the exchange, for the first 10 minutes everything goes fine but after that it get locks. While on 7206 I find my all the controllers in UP position.

Please let me know why its happening and what are the possible solutions.

Thanks and Regards

YN Verma

2 Replies 2

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Have you made sure your modems are "in-service". I have seen many times that the controller and interface show up/up but the modem are out of service for some reason.

A "show isdn service" will show you the service state of your modems. Ensure the ones you need to be in-service are.

If you are seeing messages (assuming your logging is default) like this:

%ISDN-6-CHAN_UNAVAILABLE: Interface Se0:23 Requested Channel 1 is not available.

This might be your problem. Below is a command to force your modems in-service. If this fixes this then I would check with your support personnel to see if there is a D Channel bug within 12.2.7b that might be doing this.

conf t

int ser 0:23 (or which ever one is having problems)

isdn service dsl 0 b_channel 0 state 0

Hope this helps,

Don

Don,

Thanks for your reply .. I have checked and found that all the modems are working. I have even checked the lines for the ports which are working for other subscribers but the problem is same.

Things are working with the IOS 12.0(7) and 12.2(1a) with same hardware.

So in no case I can blame my modem cards and E1 controllers. This problem is not only for ISDN line but also for PSTN.