Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

7206 router with PA-MC-8T1 "channel-group" command?

I am trying to understand the significance of "channel-group #" command. The document said this number can be 0-23. There is only one PA-MC-8T1 port adapter installed. I was going to use "channel-group 0" for controller T1 3/0, "channel-group 1" for controller T1 3/1, and so forth. But I have couple "multilinks" setup, and I wonder if I should use the same "channel-group" numbers for these bundled interface? Not that it's necessary, but probably better for documentation. Or what would be the recommendation? Thanks in advance.

controller T1 3/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

no yellow generation

no yellow detection

controller T1 3/1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24

no yellow generation

no yellow detection

2 REPLIES

Re: 7206 router with PA-MC-8T1 "channel-group" command?

The "channnel-group" command in your case probably exists to allow you to do fractional T1 if you so desired. For example, lets say on controller T1 3/0 you wanted to have two 768k circuits. The config would probably look like this:

controller T1 3/0

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-12

channel-group 1 timeslots 13-24

Having said that, if you don't plan on doing fractional T1, you can configure each controller with channel-group 0 for timeslots 1-24. As always, I could be wrong :) Good luck

Re: 7206 router with PA-MC-8T1 "channel-group" command?

The channel-group is only significant to each T1 separately. ie: channel-group 0 for T1 3/0 is different than channel-group 0 for T1 3/1, so you can really use them over as much as you like. After you configure the controller for T1 3/0, you will end up with a corresponding # of serial interfaces for that T1. ie: Lets say you break up the T1 3/0 into two channel-groups. One that is 2/3rds of a T1 16 channels), one that is 1/3rd of a T1 (8 channels).

controller T1 3/0

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-18

channel-group 1 timeslots 19-24

You would then get 2 serial interfaces

serial 3/0:0

ip address XXXX

serial 3/0:1

ip address XXXX

I believe the channel-group corresponds to the ":0" or ":1" at the end of both of those interfaces, so if you used channel-group 5 instead of 1, it would be

serial 3/0:5

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content