Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7206VXR Boot image/Bad CPU ID 00002710

I am trying to upgrade the boot image on my 7206VXR to get rid of the "Bad CPU ID" message that comes up everytime the router is booted. I understand I need use a 12.0S boot image. I have a C7200-I/O-FE and a NPE300. I can copy the boot image that is on the router (c7200-boot-mz.120-3c.bin) to and from the TFTP server, but I cannot copy any other image into the bootflash or flashcard. The message is "file or directory does not exist". The 12.0S images are in the the root directory of the TFTP server, but it seems the router cannot see them. I have tried 6 different images. I can also copy the IOS that is on the Flash card to and from the TFTP Server, but I still get the same TFTP error message when I try to load a different IOS onto the flashcard from the TFTP server. Can anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES

Re: 7206VXR Boot image/Bad CPU ID 00002710

Hi, please check the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/univgate/ps509/products_field_notice09186a00800adb17.shtml

Is your problem related to the case?

Thanks for the reply. I do not believe this problem is related to oversized boot file images. I think that is some sort of TFTP problem. I have never seen this before. I can only load IOS's that I have taken directly off routers. I cannot download IOS's that I have copy and pasted into the TFTP root directory. I have checked all the write permissions. This is the first time I have tried to load an image on a router that I have downloaded from the Cisco website.

I received an email from a great guy named Tim who said I needed to put the IOS images in the top level directory, i.e. C:\ instead of some subdirectory. I moved the images, and also changed the TFTP root directory to C:\. This IOS images transferred beautifully after I made these changes. Weird.

Views
Helpful
Replies