cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

72xx as a DSL agg, config size issues?

tulsaconnect
Level 1
Level 1

We're looking to move about 450 DSL subs (some come in over a DS3, others over IMA'ed T1s) into a 7206/7204VXR platform with a PA-T3 and a 8-port T1 IMA card. We don't do PPPoE or DHCP, all customers have static IPs, and we plan to use RBE once we migrate into the Cisco. My concern is with the size of the available NVRAM (128K) in the 72xx platform.

Our current config is almost that large in the old platform we are migrating away from, and I really don't want to do the "service compress-config" workaround to squeeze more config into the small space I have to work with. I've seen references on Cisco's site to a "boot config" command that allows you to store your config on flash (rather than NVRAM) and boot from that, but everything I can find says it is only available on "Class A" filesystems, and the 72xx platform is a "Class C" platform. However, when I do a conf term, I *do* have the command available (IOS release 12.0(5)T1), which leads me to believe that either what I'm reading in the docs are wrong, or the command is in there but is not functional.

Any insight on how to deal with this issue is appreciated.

--Mike

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

You are correct that the "boot config" command is only available on Class A file system platforms, but the 7200 is a Class A file system so this command should work fine for you.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122sup/122csum/csum1/122csfun/fsf007.htm#xtocid1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: