cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

801 ISDN router hardware differences between countries ?

pudeldroska
Level 1
Level 1

A customer is trying to use a Swedish 801 router in Germany but fails. The router works fine in Sweden.

In Sweden the ISDN switchtype is net3 and in Germany it's 1tr6. In IOS it's possible to choose either kind.

Does anyone know if there are any hardware differences between the 801 routers sold in Germany and Sweden ?

3 Replies 3

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

The hardware should be the same. Are you using the new NT1 provided by the German telco? What does...

sh ver | inc IOS

sh isdn stat

sh int bri0

sh run int bri0

debug dialer

debug isdn q921

debug isdn q931

sh int bri0

term mon

clear int bri0

(then try to make a call in/out)

...say?

Josh

oboehmer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure that the ISDN connection uses the old German 1TR6 switch type? This switch type is no longer being offered, now german telcos offer net3 (ETSI/Euro ISDN) as well.

Unfortunately I'm not sure of anything concerning my customer's situation in Germany. I was hoping he could get help from a local supplier in Germany since I'm not familiar with the situation in Germany and it's quite some distance from Sweden.

But the fact that it don't have to be 1TR6 in Germany is very interesting and could save me and the customer a lot of trouble. Thank you very much. I will now ask him to try both switch types.