Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

801 router will not auto-connect to ISP

For some time now, we have a problem with our 801 ISDN router, whereby it will not automatically connect to ISP after a power-cycle.

If for some reason the router is switched off/on, it doesn't seem to want to connect to ISP. I have to run the Fast-Step program to "kick" it into connecting.

Doing so, also adds the line in Ethernet0:

IP ACCESS-GROUP 121 IN

I've been informed that this will cause a problem, so I removed it from config, typed WR to save it and then rebooted router. Still same problem. All LED's flash to show connectivity, but can't access web-sites unless I "Kick" it inot life with Fast-Step.

ANy ideas??????

Monty42

ps. Have very little Router exp.

2 REPLIES

Re: 801 router will not auto-connect to ISP

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: 801 router will not auto-connect to ISP

Hi,

I had installed a Cisco 801 for internet access . The problem is that I configured with NAT overload and all the dialer profiles were configured. I have configured for DDR and only I have to do is telnet it and check the ISDN status. If it sis active then I then check the dialer interface to check the IP address from the ISP using IPCP. If it has recieved it then I ping the ISP web address. Normally I have seen that it takes some time like 3mins to charge the channels.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content