Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1q tunneling

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a NM-16ESW in a Cisco 2612 router with an 12.2(11)T9 IOS running on it. I want to create a 802.1q tunnel (the feature navitor says that this set can do it) but I haven't been able. Any idea?

Dan

2 Replies 2

Hello,

can you post your configuration ? The commands are (sorry for being explicit):

interface fastethernet slot/port.subinterface-number

encapsulation dot1q vlanid

Regards,

GP

Hello,

The configuration you provide enables 802.1q encapsulation, that is to say, enables VLAN. However, what I was trying to do is 802.1q tunneling or 802.1Q-in-Q. See

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/about/ac123/ac114/ac173/ac224/about_cisco_packet_technology0900aecd800b19a7.html

As I say in my previous post, the Cisco Feature Navigator says that router 2612 plus NM-16ESW implements such feature (using the proper IOS). However, I haven't been able to configure the router in that way. Other Cisco routers implement 802.1q tunneling using the command you point (encapsulation dot1q) but adding a second vlanID. Encapsulation dot1q command in the 2612 only has one VLAN parameter, so I wonder if there is another way to do this or if Feature Navigator is wrong.

Regards,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: