cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x with VLAN assignment on Catalyst 2950T-48-SI

grandezd
Level 1
Level 1

I will really appreciate if you can confirm me if the C2950T-48-SI will support the following features.

- IEEE 802.1x with VLAN assignment

- SSHv2

- SNMPv3

The data sheet for the Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches with Standard Image mentions all the above and more features for the 2950T-48-SI, but at the same time the power point presentation, (Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches, and the tool Sofware advisor say that those features are only supported with the Enhanced Image.

If your those feature are supported by the Standard Image, would you please also inform the last IOS version supported.

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.. All 3 features are supported in 2950. For 802.1x you will need Enhanced Image.

Does 802.1x with dynamic vlan assignment require enhanced image's on 3560 and 3750 as well?

Daniel

SSH isn't available on the SI version of the 2950 as you require the Crypto features and these are not available for the SI (the documentation is a little vague here but trust me I have upgraded one and it doesn't like it...). The documentation says 'Switches that support only the SI cannot run the cryptographic image.'

802.1x with VLAN assignment is available only in the latest IOS - or at least since 12.1(22).

SNMPv3 is supported.

HTH

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: