Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

804 not dropping second B channel to accept incoming voice calls

My problem is that I have an 804 router that dials into an ISP for Internet access. The router is configured to establish a 128K multilink connection immediately and works great. The problem is that I have a fax machine attached to the 804 and I need the router to drop the second B channel when an incoming voice call is detected. I believe that my problem is related to the fact that I am using a dialer interface. I added the commands “isdn incoming voice modem” and the “isdn voice-priority xxxxxxx in always” commands to the BRI0 interface but they cannot be set on the dialer interface. Bottom line is that incoming voice calls receive a busy signal. Previously I had the router configured to dial into a Lucent Portmaster at my office (I was not using a dialer interface)and the router correctly accepted incoming voice calls. Can anyone verify that the problem relates to my use of a dialer interface.

Thanks,

Lonnie

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: 804 not dropping second B channel to accept incoming voice c

Lonnie,

The isdn commands can only be entered in ISDN interfaces. You could just migrate your configuration from using dialer interface to just using your BRI0 interface.

I believe that the ISDN commands should still work though even though you have dialer interfaces configured.

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies